Welcome to Vine Hill Elementary School. In our student's quest for personal growth and development, social responsibility, knowledge, and life long learning skills, Vine Hill School strives to promote: development of self-esteem and integrity, respect for the environment, appreciation for the world's interrelated cultures, involvement in a rapidly changing and culturally diverse society.
Dear Vine Hill School Families:
I can't believe it is already October 1st and that we are already into the sixth week of school. I continue to enjoy getting to know all of your children. Vine Hill is a wonderful place to learn!
I would like to thank all of you for your patience during the sidewalk construction project. The work should be completed by October 10th. I hope many of our families will walk and bike to school once the sidewalks are available. I want to review with families who drive to school the importance of helping to keep our parking lot safe and accessible for emergency vehicles. Please consider the following tips to help traffic move more quickly and smoothly.
- If you park and pick up your children at the classroom, realize that you may not be able to get out right away.
- Watch for cars backing out of parking places.
- Follow the line of traffic. Do not back up over the berms or cones.
- Pull ALL the way forward when picking up (and dropping off) students, even if they are in kindergarten.
- Do not cut in front of others.
- Do not leave your car unattended.
- Do not arrive before your child's pick up time.
- If you are waiting for a child who is dismissed at a later time, consider driving around and getting back in line or meet the child at Siltanen Park and park at the Siltanen parking lot.
I am still looking for a few more parents who would be available to substitute for our Yard Duty staff. Please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org if you can help with this.
Vine Hill School Principal