2013 Parent Surveys
It is once again time for our annual Vine Hill School survey! Every year the School Site Council uses this important information to help us dissect every part of our school including safety, academics and social and emotional components. Once we collect the information, we use it to help us write the school safety and school improvement plans.
It matters so much that we hear from every family so we can get honest, balanced and realistic responses. The members of the School Site Council personally read each survey and we take the content seriously. Please complete a survey for each of your children:
Michelle Stewart, Principal, and the Vine Hill School Site Council open letter requesting parent survey feedback with additional instructions.
Summer Reading and Writing Program
Lisa Wilmoth, second grade teacher, is offering a summer reading and writing program from June 24 to July 25. Details.
Positive Parenting Program
Triple P- the world's leading positive parenting program is being offered FREE for families in Santa Cruz county. It strengthens families by promoting positive relationships and aims to make parenting easier and more enjoyable.
- Saturday April 13th; 10:00am-11:30am. The Power of Positive Parenting is about creating engaging environments and using assertive discipline.
- Saturday April 20th; 10:00am- 11:30am. Raising Confident, Competent Children is about learning good social skills and healthy self esteem.
- Saturday April 27th from 10:00am-11:30am. Raising Resilient Children is about feelings and how to express them.
Register online or call Heather Thomsen, PhD (831) 336-9859
The Triple P workshops will be held in the Vine Hill Rec. Building:
151 Vine Hill Road, Scotts Valley
April Volunteer of the Month
Volunteer for the month of April is Jessica Merring. Thank you for all your hard work!
Santa Cruz County Science Fair WINNERS!
- 3rd Place (Environmental Science): Joelle Andrews & Katie Branagan - Is Carbon Dioxide REALLY Responsible for Global Warming?
- 3rd Place (Product Science): Gabby Nedney & Solange Charlet -
Does Packaging Influence The Evaluation Of What Is In the Package?
- 3rd Place (Zoology): Lillian Thorington - Goldfish vs. Beta
Save Money this Holiday Season by Shopping via eScrip
By simply stopping first at the
eScrip Online Mall, your routine
shopping can earn hundreds
of dollars for Vine Hill. Step-by-step instructions on how to get started are available here.
Kids Can Learn
Online How to Stop Bullying Behavior
Check out this online link for kids to help stop bullying
up for eScrip or Change Your Affiliation to Vine Hill
If you haven't signed up for eScrip
- please do so, it's an easy way to earn $$$. Need help? Contact
our eScrip PTA chair, Terri